Saturday, August 13, 2011

30 Hour Famine 2011

Last Saturday I went to Universiti Malaya and I joined them for 30 Hour Famine Camp... When I got there, I felt so odd, guess because I don't belong to UM... When I got there, I were asked to sit with my group member, there were 14 group in this camp, and so I just went to joined my group member... We started to introduce ourselves, and very fast we got to know each other... But asking me to remember their chinese name, it was a difficult part for me, so I kept on memorize every single member's name in my group... They were all friendly type... We had fun throughout the camp... We talked, laughed, enjoyed and shared among ourselves... It was so meaningful event to be participated in...
When most of the clips being played, and I witness the difficulties faced by the less fortunate people around the world, I felt so heartache, mixed feeling came to me... Their hunger cannot be describe with word or I should have said, non of us here can express the feeling that they faced... Suddenly I realize that I'm such a lucky one, I'm thankful to have all the thing around me, that I have owned now... I may not have banglo to live in, but I have a warm and sheltered home.... I may not have luxury food, but I have at least enough food for everyday... I may not have the chance to study oversea, but at least I'm educated, I may not have a great body, but at least I'm free from diseases... See, wasn't that lucky enough?? Those who lived in poverty, they don't have sheltered home, they may not have food, they face hunger all the while, they face water supply problem, not drinking filtered or clean water, don't have a proper health care center, no proper education... These weren't what they demand, ask or want it to be, but it applied to them... They are all the same with us too, they want a simple life as an ordinary human with just staying healthy and living in a better condition... We should be grateful for everything that we have now... So stop complaining and give yourself a minute to think how special god created you and the things you've got...
At first I've got this feeling, my donation wasn't a big amount, it may helped but probably not much but then when I see everyone who joined this event contribute their donation, when came across, it became quite an amount... I'm so proud to see each one contribute their donation... The donation are going to be contributed to help to improve their current life, such like providing clean water supplies, nutrition food for them to be consume, health team to prevent them from diseases such like malaria or diarrhea or HIV, provide them with a proper education system, I guess these would help them to brighten up their lives...
Even I fasted for 30 hour and gone without food, but I don't feel hungry cause we still able to drink water... Once 30 hour passed, we can started to have food, but how do these less fortunate people knew when will be their next meal, will it be 30 second later, or 30 minute later, or 30 hour later, or perhaps few days later?? No ones knew, with this 30 hour famine camp, they actually want to create awareness about the needs to help these less fortunate people out of poverty by raising the fund and also for us to experience how life would be without food for a 30 hour... What a wonderful event I've ever been... Awesome...
~Thumb UP~

No comments: