Monday, August 25, 2008

2008 - 30 Hour Famine Do It Yourself Camp...

Without them we not being able to experience the games...
Thanks for your good work PeiShi...Without you I not being able to join this programme... Well done and good job...

She entertained us most the time...Thanks Pauline...
Having fun together...
We are all in this together...Thanks for the support...
Small kid also participate in this programme...Suprise me...LOL...
My friend Melanie (JiaHui)... Please forgive me...
This is our first station... Where we have to cross the river ( ROAD actually ).LOL.
Second Station that we have to carry out the clean water to do the housework like those children did for thier family...
You see how pity if we dont have a complete set of education...
The last station where we managed to form out a small house for 5 people to lives in... This station impress me the most...
My group member. We really have a great time together... Nice meeting you guys... ( WenJie, SuPing,Carmen, HerngYin, Jessica, ChayWei, AhTat, WenHui, HuiQing, XunHan, JiaHui)...
They learning Sign Language for the song Tomorrow and `AI KE YI DIAN LIANG ZHEN SHEN JIE`...
The last photo before we dismissed...
Wow...This is participant from Help College and University...
600 ++
Very kind girl...
Finally another 8 more Hours to go...Yes...

I have taken part in the 30 Hour Famine DIY Camp. I am glad to have the chance to take part in this programme. This camp was meaningful, memorable, fun and enjoyable. At the beginning when I heard of the word DIY I feel like not joining because in my mind the word DIY like not fun. But when I was there I feels that this DIY Camp was so amazing. I get the opportunity to meet new friends. We get to know one another and we play some games together. All of them in my group were friendly, kind and cute. We name our group `Ai Xin` means lovely heart and the cheering for our group was `Ai Shi Li Liang, Ai Shi Tuan Jie, Yin Wei You Ni, Wo Men You Ai, YES` means Love is Strength, Love is Co-operation, Because of you, Love is there in our Heart.
In this camp I do experienced how hard life to lives in the poverty. The first station we went through was the part that we have to take our shoes off and across the road. After we across the road we have to separate the red bean in the soil. This is for us to experience how hard life without food and without nice road like we do and at the same time they have to search for food in the jungle. The next station was the part that we need to co-operate together among us to carry out the clean water and with the clean water we got to do the housework like what normally the children did for thier family. This is for us to experienced how hard life without clean water and we got to walk a distance to carry out the clean water and for the domestic usage, even for them to drink. Thay have to drink the `Teh Tarik` colour of plain water in thier place. This was so pityful. The next station is for us to experience how hard life without a complete medication. The last station needed us to built a small house with 3 desk, 2 chairs, some news paper, and 2 roll of cellophane tape. This small particular house must fit up to 5 people. We really co-operate together to form out that small house with the news paper. This last station impress me the most because when I heard of form out a small house with 3 desk, 2 chair and some news paper, I felt like this particular house wont be fitting up to 5 people. But at the end we manage to form out a very unique and special house. And among 12 of us, 5 of us have to get into this small house, I`m one of them to get into the house, what i did inside the house is just squat down, dont say 5 of us even 1 of me also difficult for me to move. I felt uncomfortable, I can imagine how hard life without a comfortable house to live in. Beside famine for 30 hours we also can experience how hard life to lives in poverty. This camp was really fun and meaningful. Actually we did fast for 30 hours but we are much more luckier than these people who lives in poverty, because we can fast in a nice place, there are games for us but for them maybe everyday they have to gone through this kind of living. So if there are some others programme like this, you guys have to participate and give some support and help those who in needed. Last but not lease, I would like to take this apportunity to thanks PeiShi, Carmen, SuPing, HerngYin, VoonFei, Jessica, ChayWei, AhTat, WenJie, KarWai, HuiQing, cute XunHann and others camper who have give support in this programme.Thanks alot... You guys are best. You never go, you will never know how fun was it... Hope to see you guy in this same programme in the following years...

3 comments:

WaiQuai Chong said...

you're such a nice person. I hope being the person you are will help you alot in your future and make you a very successful person.

blekyan said...

i am working when you are starving. haha! Anyway,i wanna join next year!

Yoon Kit said...

Anyway hope to see you next year.
It`s a very meaningful programme.